This iconic and colonial-style hotel, built in 1864, boasts a spa and a saltwater pool with sun loungers that faces the vast Indian Ocean.
Fitted with wooden flooring, most rooms at Galle Face Hotel ...
more info on galle face hotel
- Good service, attentive staff, nice and polite
- Nice rooms, very comfortable beds with controls for light, AC, fan, TV and wake up call by the bed.
- Bathroom with both bathtub and a "walk in" "waterfall shower".
- Roomservice both morning and afternoon if one should want that.
- Swimmingpool and sun beds with view to the ocean
- Bar/restauran... what people say » t with nice view to the ocean
- Great buffet breakfast where you also can get freshly made omelets, pancakes or Sri Lankan breakfast with hoppers.
- N -
If you are staying in Colombo this is the place to be if you don't
want the generic hotel that's in every city. It is still the best
location even though there is a refurbished hotel at the other end of
Galle face Green with nice rooms but not not the same quality or class
by a million miles. Make sure you are in the new wing as the old wing
is now very tired although it was the best a few years back. I think
it is being refurbished and then it will be the better wing as the
rooms are huge.